- Myopathic Disorders
- Biochemistry of Skeletal Muscle Contraction:
- Muscle Contraction:
- Metabolic Sequence
- Calcium Regulation of Muscle Contraction
- Histology of Skeletal Muscle
- Chemistry of Skeletal Muscle
- Extra cellular Matrix:
- composed of many different molecular components, consisting mostly of collagens, proteoglycans, and glycosaminoglycans
- Matrix metalloproteinases:
- enzymes that digest collagen which are synthesized and excreted by fibroblasts
- required for homeostasis
- disruption of MMP regulation due to injury / disease can alter normal ECM architecture and prevent proper force transmission;
- zinc-dependent endopeptidases that digest collagen and other structural molecules
- 4 types:
- collagenases, gelatinases, membrane-bound MMPs, and stromelysins
- DHEA effect on muscle:
- DHEA Alleviates Oxidative Stress of Muscle Cells via Activation of Nrf2 Pathway.
- Effect of dehydroepiandrosterone administration on recovery from mix-type exercise training-induced muscle damage.
- Specific binding and effects of DHEA-S on skeletal muscle cells: implication for DHEA-S replacement therapy in myotonic dystrophy.
Phys Ed: Does Stretching Before Running Prevent Injuries?
Phys Ed: Free the Free Radicals
Fighting the Muscle Loss That Comes With Age
More Than an Exercise in Vanity
Suturing of lacerations of skeletal muscle