- an uncommon type of osteosarcoma w/ early pulmonary metastasis & an especially poor prognosis;
- telangiectatic osteosarcoma has a complex karyotypes with multiple chromosomal abnormalities.
- Differential Dx:
- Aneurysmal bone cyst;
- this is both radiographically and pathologically similar to telangectatic osteosarcoma;
- unlike osteosarcoma, ABCs appear to be karyotypically normal;
- characterized by loose sarcomatous stroma w/ septa and spaces along w/ ectatic blood vessels (similar to ABC);
- high anaplastic tumor cells, malignant giant cells & pathologic mitotic figures;
- osteoid production may be minimal;
- highly destructive lesion
Telangiectatic osteogenic sarcoma of the extremities. Results in 17 patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
Osteosarcoma with small cells simulating Ewing's tumor.