- Lapidus procedure is indicated for w/ severe hallux valgus deformity + a hypermobile 1st ray;
- procedure involves: arthrodesis of metatarsalcuneiform joint
- note that shortening of metatarsal will occur if large biplanar wedge is resected from the joint;
- therefore, minimal cartilage resection is optimal technique;
- incidence of pseudoarthrosis is approximately 15%
Modified Lapidus procedure for hallux valgus.
Metatarsocuneiform arthrodesis for management of hallux valgus and metatarsus primus varus.
Role of First Ray Hypermobility in the Outcome of the Hohmann and the Lapidus Procedure. A prospective, randomized trial involving one hundred and one feet.