- specific indications include significant extremity shortening, significant extremity shortening, multidirectional instability, recurrent instability following revision, neurologic disorder;
- constrained acetabular component:
- fatigue fracture of the constraining ring (due to chronic impingement of constraining ring against the neck of femoral componet
- dislocation following the insertion of a constrained liner will require open reduction;
- Salvage of a recurrently dislocating total hip prosthesis with use of a constrained acetabular component. A retrospective analysis of fifty-six cases.
- Failure of a constrained acetabular prosthesis of a total hip arthroplasty. A report of four cases.
Biomet Freedom® Constrained Liner
The use of a constrained acetabular component for recurrent dislocation.
Constrained acetabular liners: mechanisms of failure.
The use of a constrained acetabular component to treat instability after total hip arthroplasty.
Early failure mechanisms of constrained tripolar acetabular sockets used in revision total hip arthroplasty
The role of constrained liners in total hip arthroplasty.
The Long-term Outcome of 755 Consecutive Constrained Acetabular Components in Total Hip Arthroplasty