- See: Radiographs for Supracondylar Frx:
- Baumann's Angle:
- humeral capitellar angle: angle between long axis of humeral shaft & growth plate of lateral condyle, will reliably predict final carrying angle after reduction;
- normal is about 85-89 deg, but it is best to judge the carring angle as compared to the uninjured side;
- a deviation more than 5 deg compared to the opposite side should not be accepted;
- increases in Bauman's angle will occur w/ residual varus and internal rotation deformities;
Alteration of Baumann's angle by humeral position: implications for treatment of supracondylar humerus fractures.